If you have decided to accept Christ, we want to personally congratulate you and welcome you to the family of God. As a new Christian, we urge you to learn more about Christ and we hope some of these post will help you in your Bible studies. Feel free to use our Contact page for any questions you may have.
- Baptism is an ordinance of Jesus Christ for the church. The first thing you need to do after you accept Christ into your heart is to be baptized. The first recording of Baptism was when John the Baptist baptized in the river Jordan, in Bethabara beyond Jordan. John baptized and preached about the coming of the Lord. Then Jesus went down to the river to be baptized so he could set the example for us (John 1:28-34). Romans 6:4 says, Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 1 Peter 3:21 says, The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. For more information, read entire post here.
- Study your Bible. God expects his people to study his word. 2 Timothy 2:15 says, Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. The word of God holds the keys to questions of the world. God tells us about himself and his son Jesus. He tells us what sin is and what he will not accept into Heaven. He teaches us that he is a righteous God; and his ways and thoughts are much higher than our thoughts. For more information, read post here.
- Attend a Bible believing church. The church was established for the believer of Christ. It is a place of prayer and fellowship with other believers. Colossians 2:7 says, “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.” Don’t attend church for the activities but for the preaching services. To learn more about church, read this post.
- Continue in Prayer. Prayer is the most powerful thing in a person’s life that can bring them closer to God. The best way to go to the Father is through your prayer life. Pray to him everyday. Pray often —several times a day. Pray without ceasing, which means continually. We must learn to pray to build a close relationship with the Heavenly Father so he can help you in any situation that comes against you. For more information on this, read this post.
- More topics can be found at: Discipling Believers Blog
Check out other topics on this blog by using the search box to navigate between topics.
The Bible- King James Version
Bible Commentaries such as Nelson Quick Reference, and/or Scofield Commentary.
Good reference for studying online: