Let me make one thing clear. Christians are not perfect people who don’t make mistakes. We all fall and come short of the glory of God. If we could be perfect, we wouldn’t need a Savior. We all need the forgiveness of Christ and his perfect sacrifical love to cover our sins. His blood is a sin atonement. If you ever think you are above sin, than you are sadly mistaken. The thing is that we should never continue in sin. We should always ask forgiveness for our sins and preferable daily. When we get to the point that we think we are better than others because we are Christians, than pride reins in our bodies. We are all sinners and needed a Savior to save us from death and hell.
Jesus was the only perfect person on earth. It took a son of God to live and die for others because we that are alive, live in the flesh. We often go astray and have to be led back into God’s fold. We are all like sheep that have been led astray by our own devices or by Satan’s snares. I learned the hard way that I am not a perfect Christian. I fail daily. I fail often. Thank goodness for the love and forgiveness and mercy of a Merciful, loving and holy God.
If you don’t know God, I beg you to seek him now. He will forgive any sin, other than the sin of not accepting him. You must believe on Jesus Christ. More information about Salvation can be found here:
Everything said here is in the Bible. Please read the following scriptures.
Romans 3:23-25-For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
- Romans 8:1-There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- 1 Peter 2:21-25- For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
- 1 John 1:7-9- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- John 14:6-10- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father, Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
- Romans 5:8-11- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.