This week I have been thinking about Faith a lot. I have drove past signs that read: Faith. I wondered what Faith is all about. Yes, I have read about faith and know somewhat what Faith was, but to examine it in full is necessary. Why is Faith so important? Without Faith it is Impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). So that tells me that if we don’t have faith, than we are displeasing in God’s eyes. I don’t know about you, but that scares me. I want to be well pleasing in the sight of God.
To study more on faith lets look what is said about it. Faith– complete trust or confidence in someone or something; strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Faith is believing on something without having proof that it exists. We look at scholars, scientist and archeologist who are always trying to prove the existence of God. We look at atheist who are always trying to disprove his existence. I say: Look Around. Everything you see is a revelation of God’s existence. But this post is not to prove God but to show you the importance of having faith in God.
I have learned in my life that having a great faith in God is powerful. The Bible says: If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say unto this mountain, Remove from here to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matthew 17:20). To move mountains that stand in our way is possible. This text refers to something huge that can be moved from our lives, such as sickness, financial woes, heartaches. Having great faith in God and his promises makes our life easier. We dont’ have the stress and worry that some face, because we know who we can depend on in this life.
Why do I have faith in God and his son, Jesus Christ? I believe in God because my life without him would be most miserable. How do I know? I know because I experienced a time in my life where I didn’t feel God’s presence with me. I had wandered away from God, and my life became empty, hopeless, unbearable and fearful. That is why I cried unto my God with my whole being and he heard my cries unto him. Since then, I came back to God and forsook my sins. Now I have peace through him. Now I don’t have to fear. Now I am comforted from all my sorrows.
- Complete trust in God
- Belief of his existence
- Hope in his return
- Acceptance of his grace toward us
- confidence in his forgiveness
- conviction of our sins that we have committed against him
- assurance of his resurrection
- dependence on his protection, comfort, love
- Trust in his mercy and Grace
- reliance on God for everything in our life
- knowing God is able
Scriptures on Faith:
- Hebrews 12:2- Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Romans 3:22-26- Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
- 1 Thessalonians 4::14,38– For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57,58- But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
- Matthew 25:21- Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.