Growing up the youngest of three older sisters, I often felt a little overlooked. The best part of my childhood was when I spent time outside playing in the woods. Not once during I ever feel afraid. Now believe me there were times that I could have easily been injured, very badly, but wasn’t. I remember climbing up steep bluffs without a rope, riding four wheelers at top speed, crawling around in caves, building forts in the woods; and this was before my teen years. I recall one time my cousin was riding me on a four wheeler and we hit a sharp turn in the road. Since the road was gravel we slid and he must have slammed on his breaks. I don’t remember what happened at first, until I woke up laying on a pile of brush. We had landed safely on a pile of cut tree limbs, full of leaves, so we were safe. Now we must have flipped several times until we landed on this brush. Now this part of the road we were on wasn’t traveled often. People never cut trees down from this area, because it was way out in the middle of nowhere. Only people that lived on that part of the mountain knew about the road, but they often avoided it, and went the other way. I stand in awe about how we could have easily broken our necks, but I know we were protected by our Heavenly Father.
As I sit here and ponder this simple question, I look to the greatest Father that anyone could ever have. He sets the best example for all to see. Lets just look at some of the qualities of our Heavenly Father and what that teaches us.
- The Lord is trustworthy- Psalm 29:7
- He is Merciful- Psalm 116:5, Psalm 86:5
- He delivers us from our troubles-Psalm 34:17, 19
- He watches over us- Psalm 33:13, 18
- He gives us strength and salvation – Psalm 37:39
- He protects us and gives us a place of refuge- Psalm 91:2
- He is full of compassion- Psalm 78:38, Psalm 86:15
- He is long suffering toward us- 2 Peter 3:9
- He gives us peace- Psalm 29:11
- He loves us- 1 John 4:10
- He teaches us and gives us wisdom- James 1:5, Psalm 25:5
- God rewards his people with benefits- Colossians 3:14, Psalm 68:19
Happy Fathers Day to all Fathers; May you have a blessed and joyous day!