If you have been reading my post for a while, you may have read about a time in my life, that was really traumatic for me. I was at a place in time that I do not ever want to go again. As I look back I realize that God was always with me even if it didn’t seem that way. It took me a long time to understand that the things that I went through was for my purifying, for me to become a person that God would want me to be. I often asked why, but it took months for me to realize that even though the time was so traumatic for me, and scary, that I needed to see how much I needed God and Jesus in my life.
A person may think they are close to God, but it takes the trials and tribulations for us to realize how much we really truly need the Lord. Even though I hated going through that time, I know that it has helped my walk with the Lord now. I know that Jesus is always with me no matter what I go through. He said he would never leave me or forsake me. I know each day I need the Lord, giving him praises that he deserves.
Satan often tries to convince you that Jesus doesn’t love you. He loves to whisper in your ear, that you are not good enough or that God will never forgive you. Let me tell you that you must not listen to Satan’s deception, because it can be overwhelming.
When you go through that trial, allow God to work in you and create in you a new creature for his honor and glory. When you read more about God, Jesus and his disciples, it helps you realize that you are not alone. There were things that Jesus and his disciples went through that wasn’t easy. They suffered many things for the sake of the gospel. We have it so much easier than they did.
Everyone has experienced some form of fear in their life but, realize God is in control. When you recognize that, you will not have fear but trust. Fully trust in God and allow him to have control of your mind, soul, body and your life. God says in Revelations, I am alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am he that was, and is, and is to come the almighty. He controls the world. He controls the wind, clouds, and waves. He has been to the depth of the sea and to the outmost part of the universe. He numbers the hairs on your head. He can create life and he can take it. When you fully grasp how almighty he is, then you can fully put your faith in him. He can help you with your problems, but you have to ask him to. God is able to cast down those things that come against you and place you in a place that Satan himself cannot reach. Psalm 18:33 says, “He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places.” 2 Chronicles 20:15 says, “Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.” Allow God to take control of your life and you will become a happier, fearless person.
Tips for getting rid of fear:
- Trust in the Lord and cast all your worries and cares to Jesus. I heard a sermon about “Casting All your Care Upon Him for He Careth For You”, found in 1 Peter 5:7. The preacher stated that this verse has several different meanings. One meaning is to give all your worries or cares unto the Lord for he cares for you and will help you to overcome them. By having confidence in the Lord, he will help you to overcome your worries.
- Quote bible scripture and study God’s word. He will teach you and instruct you in his path of righteousness. Learn scripture to help you remember that God is in control. Such as: Psalm 91-He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust…………….. Or Isaiah 41:10-Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
- Accepting Christ as your Savior. No greater joy can a person feel than when they first accept Christ as their Savior. If you have never heard about Jesus, it might take you some time to fully trust in him. I have been a Christian since I was fifteen years old. That is when I accepted Christ. At that moment I felt a true sense of peace that cannot be understood by the unbeliever. I say that if you surrender to Christ, he will help you with all your cares. Take that leap of faith and surrender to him.4. Casting away all doubt. It can keep you from fearing life. I know that not one person can really control their life or health. You can diet, exercise, and stay stress free but God is the one who controls your life. I’m not saying those things are not important because they really are. It is when you place your life in God’s hands then you can truly become healed. One thing I quote when I start to worry about something is: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)
5. Prayer is still the number one way to relieve fear. Prayer can help you overcome anything. How do you talk to God? We can wish for a care free world, but that is not always going to happen. We can pray for a better world and God may help us to live in this world with more peace in our lives. With Prayer one can overcome all life’s obstacles. God does not answer prayers always the way we want him to, but he will answer them. Remember he is all-knowing and he is God. He knows what you need before you ask but he is waiting on you to talk to him.
6. Attending church and associating with other believers can bring you joy. Find a church to go to and make friends with other Christians. Attend church events such as Bible study or Ladies meetings. Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation (Psalms 111:1).