After studying the First Chapter of Ephesians I see where God has blessed his people with so many things; that we can’t even began to imagine how great his love is for us. He gave us his precious son to begin with and extended his love out toward us. So many blessings God has in store for his people, this text highlights only a few things. As I looked through this text of scripture I highlighted a few things that brought me encouragement, and I thought I would share it with you.
- He has blessed us with all spiritual blessings, including spiritual gifts from above.
- Predestinated us unto the adoption of his children by Jesus Christ.
- Made us accepted in the beloved by the glory and riches of his grace.
- Gave us redemption through his blood and forgiveness of our sins.
- Abounded to us wisdom and prudence and made known to us the mystery of his will. (Ephesians 3:6- Gentiles should be fellow-heirs)
- He will gather us together as one, all things in Christ, both in Heaven and Earth.
- He gives us an inheritance, in Heaven.
- Sealed us with the Holy Spirit of promise.
- Enlightened us with understanding, so we may know what is the hope of his calling and the riches of his glory and greatness of his power to us-ward who believe.
- He manifested his power when he raised Christ from the dead and set him at his own right hand in Heaven, showing his mighty power.
- He set Christ above all things of the Church, therefore preventing evil from prevailing against it.
We have only began to see what God has in store for his people. We know he has a place prepared for us in Heaven. We know he protects us and gives us strength against our enemies. We know that he renews our spirit and gives us power to overcome things that come against us. I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to embracing all those blessings that he has in store for those that love him.
Isaiah 40:29-He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Psalm 28:7-The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalm 37:39-But the salvation of the righteous is of theLord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
Ephesians 3:5,6-Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellow-heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Ephesians 4:11-13-And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: