We can only see a glimpse of what Heaven is really like by reading the Bible. Some have claimed to have seen Heaven after near death experiences or through dreams or through visions that God has given them. No one that is alive today has seen the total image of Heaven and what it is really like. We might have seen glimpses as if looking through a dark glass, but we will not be able to comprehend the greatness of Heaven until we leave this fleshly body and be united with God in Heaven. 1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Things we know about Heaven
- We know that God created the Heaven and the earth in the beginning (Genesis 1:1).
- We know that God is the ruler of Heaven. 1 Chronicles 29:11 Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all.
- We know that Heaven is above us because of the way the scriptures read. Job 22:12
Is not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are!
- We know that there is a throne in Heaven and the angels surround the throne. 1 Kings 22:19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
- We know that Heaven is Holy and full of Righteousness. Psalm 50:6 And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah. Revelations 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- We know that God looks down from Heaven upon his people. Psalm 53:2 God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
- We know that God has prepared a reward for his people in Heaven. Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
- We know that there is no sorrow in Heaven. Revelations 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- We know that God is the light of Heaven. Revelations 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. Revelations 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
- Nehemiah 9:6 Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.
- Psalm 11:4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord’s throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
- Psalm 102:19 For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the Lord behold the earth;
- Psalm 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
- Psalm 103:19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
- Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
- Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
- Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
- Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
- Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
- Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
- Revelations 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
- Revelations 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
I urge you today to come to Jesus through prayer and repentance and ask for forgiveness for your sins.