God tells us a parable in Matthew Chapter 22 about a king who made a marriage for his son. He told his servants to call those who were bidden to come to the marriage. Then he told his servants to go to the highways and the hedges and invite them to the marriage of his son, so that his house would be full.
- Matthew 22:9 says, Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
The marriage represents the coming together of the believers with Christ. It is a time of celebration including a feast that God will prepare for his people. If you do not believe in Christ as your savior then you will not be allowed to attend.
- Matthew 22:4 says, Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Have you been invited to the Wedding?
You must have on a wedding garment which God gives to the believer to be accepted to the marriage of the Lamb.
- Revelations 19:7 says, Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
- Revelation 19:9 says, And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Do you have on a wedding garment?
- Matthew 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Isaiah 61:10 says, I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
- The Lord will come and gather his people in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, we will be called up to the marriage of the Lamb (1 Corinthians 15). Now is the time to prepare for the coming of the Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 15:52 says, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- 1 Corinthians 15:24 says, Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
- Matthew 25:1 says, Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
God wants everyone to go to Heaven, but they must be made clean by accepting Christ sacrifice on the cross. He gave his life as an atonement for sin. Anyone who receives Christ as their savior will go to the wedding. Revelations 22:17 says, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Please read the following blog post below to understand why Jesus Christ had to die on the cross for the sins of the world.
Salvation a Free Gift: https://godlywitnesses.wordpress.com/2013/11/26/salvation-a-free-gift/
The Death of the Cross https://godlywitnesses.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/the-death-of-the-cross/comment-page-1/#comment-12