In times past, God chose certain great men for service. From Moses to Jonah and from David to the apostles; he still calls people today. God’s people are called to do his will and serve him. Even Jesus said that he was sent to do the will of his father. If you are a Christian, God has chosen you to lead others to Christ. A Christian should stand up for the name of the Lord and help lead others to salvation. Rejoice for ye are now servants of the living God. Psalms 35:27 says, that we should shout for joy because the Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of his servants.
- God chose Israel to be his people. Deuteronomy 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
- God chose Moses to lead his people out of bondage to a land flowing with milk and honey (Exodus 3:10).
- Jesus called his disciples to spread the gospel. Luke 6:13, “And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles”
- God calls Saul for service (Acts 9). 1 Corinthians 1:1 says, “Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God.” Paul did a great work for Christ. Romans 15:16 says “That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.” Acts 9:15 talks about how Paul was a chosen vessel.
- God called men to serve in the church. 1 Corinthians 12:28 says, “And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.”
- God not only called the Jews to salvation, but the Gentiles (other races), to him. Romans 9:24 says, “Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles.” Acts 11:18 says, “When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.”
- God called men to be separate from the world. 2 Corinthians 6: 17, 18 says, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”
Matthew 20:16 says, “So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.” See God knows the heart of man and whom will seek after him. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, ” If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” Jeremiah 24:7 says, “And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.” Romans 6:22 says, “But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” Psalms 34:22 says, “The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.”