Jesus should be our main example to follow when it comes to anything in life. Whether you question your existence, reason for living, or how to act in life. Jesus is our foundation, our example to follow: 1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:21 says, For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps. Ephesians 2:20 says, “And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone.” To see why Jesus is so important in the believer’s hearts lets look at who he is. 1 Corinthians 15:3 tells us that he was born to die for the sins of the world.
He was born of the Holy Spirit and had a miraculous birth.
- Matthew 1:18 says, “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.”
- Matthew 1:20 says, “Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.”
He teaches us and all the world what to do to receive salvation.
- 1 John 1:9 says,”If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
- Matthew 4:17 says,” From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” So we know that we first must repent to receive salvation.
- Romans 3: 22 says, “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.”
He heals the sick and forgives us of our sins.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
- Psalms 30:2 says, “O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.”
- Acts 10:38 says, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
He died on a cross for mankind.
- Philippians 2:8 says, “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
- Hebrews 12:2 says, “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”