With the current government shutdown and the economy on the verge of a collapse, it is easy to become fearful. Some people have constant fear or worries that bring on stress, therefore interrupting their joy and happiness. Most people usually worry about money, health, safety. So many people talking about negative things, no wonder why people are depressed and fearful. So I wanted to make this a post of encouragement. Something that might help you with your everyday life. First, lets look at things that make a person joyful and happy.
1. Contentment is something that can bring you happiness. If you are not content with your life, you will never fully be happy. My grandmother didn’t have money or riches or material possessions but she seemed content with her life. She never questioned or wavered on her beliefs in Christ.
2. Trust in the Lord and cast all your worries and cares to Jesus. I heard a sermon about “Casting All your Care Upon Him for He Careth For You”, found in 1 Peter 5:7. The preacher stated that this verse has several different meanings. One meaning is to give all your worries or cares unto the Lord for he cares for you and will help you to overcome them. By trusting in the Lord, he will help you to overcome your worries.
3. Accepting Christ can make a person happy. No greater joy can a person feel than when they first accept Christ as their Savior. If you have never heard about Jesus, it might take you some time to fully trust in him. I have been a Christian since I was fifteen years old. That is when I accepted Christ. At that moment I felt a true sense of peace that cannot be understood by the unbeliever. I say that if you surrender to Christ, he will help you with all your cares. Take that leap of faith and surrender to him.
4. Casting away all doubt can keep you from fearing life. I know that not one person can really control their life or health. You can diet, exercise, and stay stress free but God is the one who controls your life. I’m not saying those things are not important because they really are. It is when you place your life in God’s hands then you can truly become healed. One thing I quote when I start to worry about something is: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)
5. Prayer is still the number one way to relieve fear. Prayer can help you overcome anything. How do you talk to God? We can wish for a care free world, but that is not always going to happen. We can pray for a better world and God may help us to live in this world with more peace in our lives. With Prayer one can overcome all life’s obstacles. God does not answer prayers always the way we want him to, but he will answer them. Remember he is all-knowing and he is God. He knows what you need before you ask but he is waiting on you to talk to him.
6. Attending church and associating with other believers can bring you joy. Find a church to go to and make friends with other Christians. Attend church events such as Bible study or Ladies meetings. Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation (Psalms 111:1).
7. Learning more about God by studying his word. Let God talk to you through his word. When you read more about God, Jesus and his disciples, it helps you realize that you are not alone. There were things that Jesus and his disciples went through that wasn’t easy. We have it so much easier than they did.
Everyone has experienced some form of fear in their life but, realize God is in control. When you realize that, you will not have fear but trust. Fully trust in God and allow him to have control of your mind, soul, body and your life. God says in Revelations, I am alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am he that was, and is, and is to come the almighty. He controls the world. He controls the wind, clouds, and waves. He has been to the depth of the sea and to the outmost part of the universe. He numbers the hairs on your head. He can create life and he can take it. When you realize how almighty he is, then you can fully put your trust in him. He can help you with your problems, but you have to ask him to. Then allow him to take control of your life and you will become a happier, fearless person.